Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Carter's Baptism


Carter was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on May 3rd. He turned 8 on April 18th. Wow, we cant believe how time has flown! This has always been a landmark in our marriage (one day Carter will turn 8..... no, that's so far away!) Well, that day has come! It was a beautiful day, we celebrated his birthday on the same day so that family coming in from out of town could be there for both. We had a bouncy house, pizza, and a great time spending time with family and friends!


The baptism was simple and just beautiful. I cried once the opening song started and I bawled my way through the baptism and confirmation, it was just so emotional for me - but I was so happy! I was so proud of Carter and watching him grow into the boy he is now.... he just blows me away with his sensitivity to the spirit, his strength in the gospel, and his testimony. I just feel amazed that we have been blessed with such a special child. I also thought of my dad during this time, and knowing that he was there, even though he was on the other side of the veil. I felt a deep sense of gratitude to my Heavenly Father and I truly felt of the joy that is meant for all of us to feel. The church is TRUE!!!!

No comments: