Friday, February 27, 2009

Extreme Hutch Makeover









I am SO excited for my hutch transformation! A few months ago my sister in law got a steal of a deal on a black hutch from an overstock furniture store. Of course they were gone by the time I went to check and see if there were any more left. So I decided to create my own. I bought an oak hutch on craigslist that I got down to 150 dollars. I removed the doors, primed it, took out the two center supports and painted it dark kettle black, the same color we painted our built-in entertainment unit. I even kept the original hardware - I primed it and then sprayed it with appliance epoxy spray paint in stainless steel. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how it turned out, and I'm so excited to show you all! It took hours, but it was so worth it!

13 comments:

Jon and Cheryl said...

That looks great! Isn't it nice when it turns out good after so much hard work? You should look into employment with HGTV :)

Erin said...

That is so awesome. I am so impressed with all the awesome stuff that you do!

Anonymous said...

That's incredible!! It looks so good. I'm getting bored with all my furniture and want to paint everything in bright bold colors- yellow, teal, red, grass green, fuschia...

Jen said...

One word....WOW!! Great job. It definently gives me ideas and inspiration.

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

It looks fantastic! Nice work...that's a lot of time and creativity! You're amazing!

Nicole said...

Looks great!

Joe and Frances said...

Melanie,

Your hutch looks great, it looks store bought. Great job. We also have a blog if you want to check us out. rogersonthego.blogspot.com
talk to you later, Frances

The six of us! said...

Wow you did such an awesome job that! I'm glad the overstock place ran out, cause yours looks soooo much nicer!!!

The Special Reds said...

You are AMAZING! What a big project! I don't think I would take something like that on. But it looks great! Love all your other posts, too! Did I tell you our new blog site? thefourredheads.blogspot.com.

Gallegos Family said...

WOW I am sooo impressed!

Christina Hamilton said...

OK, that gives me some inspiration. I have been telling Mason that I want to paint our entertainment center and kitchen table black. It turned out gorgeous...I'm impressed!

Megan Dougherty said...

Wow!! It looks so awesome!!

Gallegos Family said...

Okay- I love loVE LOVE your new family picture! Did Heidi take that???! Beautiful!